Forever Fit Habit # 1 Create a Morning Routine:
- Wake Up Early!
Even if you are not a morning person it is important to wake up with enough time to get your body started right. Get up and get moving by doing a light stretching routine to warm your body up.
Allow yourself a few minutes to be present in the day before you rush out the door!
- A L W A Y S eat Breakfast!
You need E N E R G Y to start your day so make sure you start you day right with a healthy mixture of Protein, Carbs & Fruits & Veggies!
Forever Fit Habit # 2: Water, Water, Water:
During the day, don’t forget to Drink W A T E R! The Recommended daily water intake is at least half your body weight in ounces throughout the day. Hydration helps with a number of issues related to weight loss:
- Combats fatigue
- Flushes out toxins
- Moves matter through the intestinal tract reducing constipation
- Reduces appetite and the need for unnecessary eating
It is easy to get lost in the day but staying hydrated is an important part of healthy weight loss success so make sure to schedule your water breaks throughout the day!
Forever Fit Habit #3: Move
This is a hard habit to stay consistent with especially if you have a job that requires you to be at a desk all day. Just like scheduling your water breaks, you have to schedule time to get up and move! Our bodies were not designed to be sedentary! Here’s a few recommendations to get started:
- Schedule a 15 minute move/stretch break every 2 hours throughout your day. Get up, leave your desk and walk inside or outside for at least 10-15 minutes.
- If you have a job that requires you to be at a desk for 8 hours a day ask your supervisor about an option for a standing desk.
- Consider purchasing a Fitbit or Activity Tracker and set the settings to remind you when you haven’t moved within a certain amount of time. If you don’t have an activity tracker, consider setting an alarm or stopwatch on your phone to go off every so often so that you make a plan to move.
- Consider closing your eyes for 10 seconds to help refresh your eyes from staring at a screen and to create a break from the blue light.
Forever Fit Habit #4: Don’t let yourself get H-angry!
Being hungry tends to make people agitated and being hungry and angry is the worst possible combination! Not only is it not fun, it is so much easier to emotional eat when you are starving!
The solutions is simple, make a routine of eating every 3 hours to keep your blood sugar steady. You will be happier and not be as tempted by treats around you or overeat.