https://blissfullyhealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/weight-loss-fall-recipes.png 374 1000 Coach Emmie https://blissfullyhealthy.com/wp-content/uploads/Updated-Blissfully-Healthy-Wellness-Coaching-PNG-copy.png Coach Emmie2016-10-06 19:46:402018-07-02 21:45:51Foodie Friday Fall Skillet!
Check out this Healthy Fall Favorite Recipe:
This recipe has been modified to be Blissfully Healthy Approved; original recipe courtesy of wellplated.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 2 Medium Sized Beets cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock, divided
- Heat the olive oil in a large, nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium high, until hot and shimmering. Add the chicken, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and black pepper. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towels.
- Add Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, beets, onion, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and the onions are beginning to look translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the apples, garlic, thyme, and cinnamon. Cook 30 seconds, then pour in 1/2 cup of the broth. Bring to a boil and cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved chicken and remaining 1/2 cup broth. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy.